Artists Statement

I like to make beautiful things. However I am imperfect and so is my artwork.

Quote

"Not everyone is an artist but everyone is a fucking critic." Marcel Duchamp

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Full sized cast drawings at Julian Ashtons art school

These are full sized drawings of antique casts, drawn at a 1:1 scale.

They are 2.5 hour drawings, and are most unfinished.

The instructor is very demanding, and there is zero tolerance for drawing errors. If a drawing was slightly out, then I had to correct it before I could continue!

The central drawing is mine. The thumb nail drawings around the outside are the instructor's demontration and instructional drawings. These demonstration drawings are works of art in themselves.

Many thanks to my teacher, Richard Porter.

Thank you Richard.

2B pencil on A2 paper.