Artists Statement

I like to make beautiful things. However I am imperfect and so is my artwork.

Quote

"Not everyone is an artist but everyone is a fucking critic." Marcel Duchamp

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Self portrait: Traditional stained glass paints, silver stains and glass enamels on float glass.

This painting was done using traditional stained glass paints, silver stains and glass enamels kiln fired onto his 3mm float glass.

A4.

The color and brillance of this painting is amazing. The photo does not do it justice.

The dark outline was fired first using traditional glass stained colors. Then I added the skin tone and the blue shirt using opaque enamels and fired it again. Finally I added the transparent brown for the hair and the yellow silver stain for the collar. That's 3 firings

Many thanks to Jeff Hamilton, glass artist, for allowing me to use his studio sized kiln. Thanks Jeff. Visit his website at www.stainedglass.com.au